你可以买, making chocolate 苦味剂 at home is a simple process and a fun way to add your personal twist to cocktails. 苦味剂 are concentrated flavor enhancers that give drinks a subtle but lively boost. 这种口音很适合喝 老式的, chocolate 苦味剂 (sometimes called cocoa 苦味剂) add a rich chocolate taste to the mix.
Processed chocolate is not a good option for liquor infusions, so you'll use 可可豆瓣 而不是. 不涉及烹饪, you'll simply infuse the flavoring 成分s in high-proof liquor for a couple of weeks. 酒精超过120度 (60 percent alcohol by volume) is preferred, though 100-proof will yield nice results. Bourbon (or another whiskey) creates a dark background that's ideal for the rich chocolate and spice flavor, 但如果你喜欢，也可以用伏特加.
Cacao has a natural bitterness similar to unsweetened dark chocolate. For more chocolate flavor look for roasted 可可豆瓣. 至于植物, 龙胆根 is the primary bittering 成分, while 野黑樱桃树皮 adds a sour and somewhat sweet tone to the chocolate, 香草, 和肉桂. Optional 成分s like cardamom for spice and wormwood for more bitterness add to the complexity. 但它的 柠檬酸 that intensifies all of the flavors and makes this homemade recipe taste more like commercial 苦味剂.
This chocolate 苦味剂 recipe yields about eight ounces. 它通常不会变坏, you'll use just a few dashes at a time, so this recipe can handle countless cocktails. The average 苦味剂 bottle holds almost two ounces, extra bottles make an excellent gift for cocktail-loving friends.
一杯半(360 毫升)酒精含量高的 波本威士忌
1杯(120 克)烤 可可豆瓣
1 香草豆 圆荚体,纵向分割
1 (3英寸) 肉桂棒
1汤匙(4 克) 龙胆根
1茶匙(3 克) 野黑樱桃树皮
3 绿色小豆蔻 豆荚、可选
1/2 茶匙 干苦艾、可选
1/8 茶匙 柠檬酸
在一个夸脱大小的罐子里, 把威士忌, 然后加入可可粒, 将香草豆, 肉桂棒, 龙胆根, 还有野生樱桃皮, along with the cardamom 豆荚 and wormwood, 如果使用. 密封、动摇和 让注入 在阴凉处放两个星期. 每天摇罐子.
Once the infusion flavor reaches your desired intensity, strain out the botanicals using a fine-mesh strainer lined with a layer of 粗棉布.
Add the 柠檬酸 and stir until dissolved.
Bottle the chocolate 苦味剂 in small jars with a tight seal and store them at room temperature.
- Cacao nibs are often sold at natural food stores, you can purchase the botanicals from online stores. While you might be able to find them in either ground or powdered forms, this recipe is designed for the cut and sifted versions because they're easier to strain from the liquor.
- 用秤称原料的重量 度量厨房秤 is more accurate than using volume measurements. It helps ensure each batch of 苦味剂 tastes the same and lets you fine-tune the taste if desired. The amount of wormwood needed is less than one gram and won't register on most scales.
- To taste test 苦味剂, add a few dashes to a splash of plain seltzer water (club soda works). Or, 前紧张, draw the liquid into a straw by covering the top with your finger while the other end is immersed, 然后滴几滴在舌头上.
Dark glass bottles are the best choice for storing 苦味剂. If you use clear glass, keep the bottle in a dark drawer or cupboard. The high-proof alcohol and 柠檬酸 are preservatives, so these 苦味剂 have an indefinite shelf life as long as they're not regularly exposed to air.
- You can use whole cacao beans (one cup or 145 克). 笔尖是更小的碎片, so the surface area infuses more flavor into the liquor; extend the infusion by a few days when using beans.
- High-proof vodka or neutral grain spirit are good substitutes for bourbon.
- For the simplest chocolate 苦味剂 that use common 成分s, skip the botanicals and use only the 可可豆瓣, 香草豆 (or 1/2 茶匙 香草 extract), 和肉桂棒. 与 饮用cocoa-infused威士忌, infusing it for two weeks will extract more bitterness from the cacao.
- 使鼹鼠变得苦涩, cut a dried ancho chile pepper into small pieces and add it to the jar two days before the infusion is done.
Chocolate 苦味剂 are very versatile and can be used in almost any cocktail, including the 威士忌曼哈顿. They're best when paired with dark spirits such as whiskey, brandy, aged rum or tequila. Some cocktail recipes, including the Oaxaca 老式的, 初秋, 伍德森的信心“cocktale” call specifically for chocolate 苦味剂. They also make an excellent substitute for mole 苦味剂, you'll get interesting results when mixing them with other flavors, 尤其是橙色苦味剂.
几个 生产苦味剂的公司 也可以做巧克力或鼹鼠苦味. It's a very popular flavor that you can find from Fee Brothers, 斗志旺盛的苦味剂, 痛苦的真相, 等. Even Angostura, which is famous for aromatic 苦味剂, makes cocoa 苦味剂.