一旦治愈, 铸铁炊具 care is easy, but seasoning it is something many want to avoid, even going as far as to discard them. There's no need to waste this good performing cookware because it's not that difficult to cure a pan and a few care tips can also extend its seasoning cycle too.
A new uncoated or non-seasoned cast iron fry pan also must be cured or seasoned before you can use them―there's no way around that. That includes old pans you inherited from your grandmother, picked up at yard sales (unless in great shape) and any other older 铸铁炊具.
This priming process is usually referred to as 'curing' or 'seasoning,' but both mean the same thing. 铸铁炊具 should be cured inside and out including lids, if the pan is new and has not been pre-cured by the manufacturer, or if your pan is old and the finish has worn off. You'll easily recognize a pan with a worn coating. 它可能生锈了，有 内部呈白色或灰色, or be so rough looking that you wouldn't be able to cook an egg in it, even if you wanted to.
至于 新购铸铁, many manufacturers are now marketing pre-seasoned pans. 在这种情况下, 固化过程已经为您完成了, but be sure to read the product information carefully to confirm that it is indeed cured. You also need to know if there are any initial cleaning or washing instructions to follow, 以及持续的护理. 这很重要，因为, 没有适当的护理, your pan could get back to square one regarding needing to be cured anew.
The words 'curing' and 'seasoning' both refer to the process of coating your pan with (蔬菜) grease/oil and oven-cooking it to set the finish. This fills the cast iron pores and gives the pan a natural, nonstick-type coating.
保持烤盘的熟化, you should only rinse or quickly wash with mild soapy water after each use. Some cooks simply wipe the pan with a wet cloth. Too much scrubbing or immersing for several minutes in hot water will remove or wear down the curing, 平底锅需要重新调味. It is normal for your pan to need curing periodically, as the finish does wear off over time with use.
- Prepare your pan by scrubbing it with hot soapy water, 确保没有食物残渣, 污垢或生锈, 完全晾干.
- Warm the pan up slightly and apply a coat of melted grease/oil to the inside and exterior of the pan, 包括盖子和把手. Liquid cooking oils are not recommended, but some do prefer to use 花生油 (过敏警告). 也有 特殊配方的油 市场上的固化工艺. 如果买一个新的没有调味的锅, check to see if they recommend a certain seasoning process for their pans.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and put your cookware in upside right, on a foil or 羊皮纸 盖着的烹饪单，以防滴水. If you use a non-covered baking sheet, it will require a good scrub afterward. The foil or (oven) paper is simply to save on cleanup.
- 烤大约20分钟. If it starts to smoke, you must reduce the temperature by 10 to 15 degrees until it stops. This may increase the time by a few minutes, but will not hurt the cure.
- 排除任何 多余的油脂 and put the pan back in the oven, this time upside down, for 1 to 3 hours. A re-seasoning may only require half of that time; it depends on the condition of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and let the pan cool down naturally before removing it.
You now have a seasoned cast iron nonstick cooking implement that will last a lifetime with proper care.
Why bother going through this process to season an old cast iron skillet? Cast iron is the best performing cookware for many foods, because of the even heat distribution. 奶奶的豆壶也是铸铁的. This was the cookware of choice decades ago, 今天, you'll find one (or more) of these pans in every chef's kitchen. 你确实需要 主动与关心, though, if you want to keep this cookware in top shape.
There is a slight learning curve to keeping those eggs from sticking in cast iron, 和其他炊具一样. 与 常规的不粘涂料，你几乎可以使用任何一种 烹调用具 在其中一个平底锅里——硅胶，金属， 木 或塑料. But, do avoid cutting with a sharp knife in these pans, which can mar the finish. Cast iron is also the recommended type of cookware for use on an outdoor campfire. Note that these pans are extremely heavy and that may matter to some. Handles can get extremely hot; protect your hands.